OMBAC “Spirit of the Beach” 4 on 4 Volleyball BeachFest
BBQ, Sand, Sun and FUN!
Next OMVolley Event:
September 6, 2014
Mariner’s Point on Mission Bay
Sign-in @8:00am Games start @9:00am
(Please bring your registration form with you to check-in)
Players will be given some tokens for food and drink. Spectators pay to get in and can buy tokens.
21 & Older Only
$100 per 4 player team ($25 for each additional alternate)
$25 per player
$5 per spectator
Day of the Event
$120 per 4 player team ($30 for each additional alternate)
$30 per player
$5 per spectator
Social “Just for Fun” and Competitive “For All the Marbles” Men’s, Women’s & Mixed Brackets.
ALL skill levels from Master to Disaster are welcome!
*10 teams needed for each division.
You may sign-up as a Team or Individual Player/Spectator. Individual players will be placed with others to form a 4 person team in their respective desired bracket and division.
Don’t forget to get creative with your team uniforms! Prizes given for Best/Most creative team uniforms!
PAY ONLINE or Download OMVOLLEY 2013 Entry Form Here
(advance discount available via online registration)
Registering online allows you to make your payment via credit/debit card. For those paying via check please download, print and complete the registration/entry form below and mail it in with your registration fee (address is on the entry form) in advance of the event. Mailed in payments/entries must be postmarked no later than Wednesday Sept. 3, 2014.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
OMBAC OMVOLLEYBALL RULES:
1. PLAY, based on AVP rules with some exceptions.
2. PLAYERS, must have 4 players on the court during play, mixed teams must have mixed female/male on court during play. All players must have a player wristband to play, not spectator wristband.
3. SCORES, a player from each team must go together to bracket board and report score after each game, even during pool play.
4. SUBSTITUTIONS, during rotation only, once in, a player must stay for a complete rotation.
5. ROTATION, players must rotate positions after acquiring serve.
6. SCORING, rally scoring, win by 2, no cap.
7. SERVE, let serve (net ball) ball in play.
8. SERVE RETURN, closed hand, open hand-set only-requires second hit.
9. HIT, ball must be cleanly hit, not held, lifted, pushed, carrier or thrown.
10. TIME OUTS, 2 per game.
11. CHANGE SIDES, every 7 points (21 point games) or 5 points (15 point games).
12. POOL PLAY, play each team assigned to court once, winning team(s) on court progresses to tournament play, previous loosing team keeps score for next teams’ game unless designated otherwise on pool play card. Scoring to 21. Report score to bracket board after each game.
13. TOURNAMENT PLAY, best of 3 games, 2 games to 21, 3rd game if needed to 15, win by 2, no cap, non-playing team act as scorekeeper.
14. UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT, player will be warned once, 2nd violation banned from play remainder of tournament.
15. DELAY OF GAME, once assigned to a court or rotation, team must be ready to begin play within 5 minutes, after 10 minutes team forfeits game. Also forfeit 5 minutes after announced via P.A.
16. TOURNAMENT KING HAS FINAL SAY
17. PLEASE BE HONEST, THIS IS A FUN TOURNAMENT, CALL YOUR OWN MISTAKES.
18. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
*Copy of OMVOLLEYBALL rules will be available the day of the tournament at the sign-in desk